How to obtain accident information
The Windsor Locks Police Department, Records Unit is open from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM,
Monday through Friday. You may call the Records Unit beforehand to have
your report ready for pickup when you arrive, either at the Records Unit
window, if open, or in the dispatch center.
The direct phone number to records is (860) 627-4699.
OPERATORS INVOLVED IN MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS, IN CONNECTICUT, ARE NOT REQUIRED TO FILE ACCIDENT REPORTS WITH THE
CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES. REPORTS ARE SUBMITTED BY THE JURISDICTIONAL POLICE AGENCIES, BASED ON SET
Accident information may be obtained from the Windsor Locks Police Department, located at 4 Volunteer Drive, Windsor Locks,
Connecticut, 06096, in the following manner:
- You must wait at least 5 days for the accident report
to be completed and approved.
Please CALL to be sure your report is completed and ready for release.
- You may come to the Windsor Locks Police Department to either:
- Copy the information from the officer’s report.
- Purchase a copy of the accident report for a fee of $2.00 minimum plus .25 cents for each additional page.
- If you CANNOT come to the Windsor Locks Police Department, you may send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, along with
$5.00 minimum plus .25 cents for each additional page, and a copy of the accident report will be
mailed to you.
Fingerprinting Service is available during the following hours ONLY!
- Tuesdays 10am – 12pm
- Thursdays 5pm – 7pm
- Saturdays 11am – 1pm